An organized desk is an efficient desk. Having your most used tools and references handy on your desk helps you work faster. Here are some ideas for fast and easy access to your most important reference information.
- Make groups
- Put in order
- Keep close
- Gather the materials that you refer to frequently throughout the day; phone directories, email addresses, lists, catalogs, schedules, prices.
- Group items by the way you will look for them, such as suppliers in one group, customers in another.
- Assign a different color SuperTab Folder to each group.
Watch the video below to learn more about SuperTab Folders!
Put in Order
- Place materials in SuperTab Folders using the appropriate category colors. (I’m a fan of rainbow order)
- Write the name of each type of reference on the oversized tab.
- Order the folders alphabetically within each color group. (Just try to keep from singing your ABCs while you put your folders in order. I dare you!)
- Put the folders in a desktop rack.
- Position the rack near your computer within easy reaching distance.
- If you like a more aesthetic look consider adding some decoration to your file folders!
- Now the key to keeping an organized desk is to actually put those files back where they go when you are done with them. (I have to admit, that part is my downfall)
Increase Efficiency with OfficeZilla
We’ve got everything you need to create that organized desk at OfficeZilla. You’ll be working circles around your co-workers in no time!