Sept. 19 is officially International Talk Like a Pirate Day. So here are 10 pirate phrases you can use during your work day to talk like a pirate!
How to talk like a pirate at work
- Greet your co-workers by saying, “Ahoy Matey”
- Whenever you agree with something say, “Aye”
- When telling your co-workers to complete a task quickly say, “I need that done smartly me hearties”
- When your boss gives you a task to do say, “Aye-aye Cap’n!”
- Call at least one co-worker “Me harty” all day long.
- When calling a meeting say, “I be need’n all hands on deck.”
- Change “you” to “ye” and “my” to “me”
- When someone gets on your nerves threaten to have them “swab the deck” or “walk the plank.”
- When searching for your favorite office supply begin by saying, “Whar be t’ stapler”
- Just toss in “ARRR!” every chance you get!
Need a few more tips? Check out this video from the Pirate Guys: